Just the other day we got done with the front porch news! We have started putting out the print to it in the area that we are located. Even though we reach out to all over the United States we started our focus here. Please sign up to receive the front porch news to receive the digital version of it.
STEPS TO SELLING YOUR HOME
Selling your private property is something private as well. It requires courage and confidence. Here are some steps that will help you to sell your home:
1. Look at your home condition. This is the first step that will make you easier to get a buyer. Buyer or consumers always need a first impression. The physics of your home, inside or outside, is very important to make them contact you for the price. So, make sure you have a property that is clean, neat, and well-cared. Who want to buy a home with filthy condition? Repair the leakages and re-paint the walls will make your home even nicer and attractive.
2. Price your home. How much do you want to worth your home? Of course it depends on your home physics and external supports. External supports mean the neighborhood and public access. The more accessible and nicer neighborhood will definitely in demand and can be considered plus points for your home. Also in pricing your home, it is important to look at the market. How does the market say? Market can be a good step point to set your home price. As an additional tip, always open for negotiation! People like to bargain.
3. Advertise your home. Advertisement is always effective in getting consumers. Many ways to advertise your home:
a. Advertise your home on the newspaper. It requires extra budget, but it is worth lots of people to read your advertisement.
b. Put an announcement board or banner in front of your home. This will make everybody who crosses the street to know your sale and perhaps tell it to their relatives. The bigger the banner is the better.
c. Print lots of brochures or leaflets and disseminate it in public places. And do not make the information narrative; just a few pointers that has your home picture and contact number on it.
d. Tell your friends and relatives. This could be the easiest way to advertise your home. I personally do not prefer friend/relative-related consumers, but as long as they can give you a good price, why not? And also, friends and relatives are usually kind enough to help us to look for buyers. That’s what friends are for, right?
4. Use a broker service. Broker service will help you to market your home even better since they have lists of potential buyers. They are definitely the expert to help you in negotiating with buyers and basically arranging your home sale (from the first step). You can call them as the middleman. If you do not want to waste your time, you could just contact few brokers and ask for their services. The consequence is you have to share a certain percentage of your home selling price with them. So, if you do need to sell your home very soon, I would recommend this strategy.
Good luck in selling your home!
The KCM Crew from http://www.keepingcurrentmatters.com on November 3, 2014
Here are five of our reasons
1. There Are Too Many People to Negotiate With
Here is a list of some of the people with whom you must be prepared to negotiate if you decide to FSBO.
Recent studies have shown that 92% of buyers search online for a home. That is in comparison to only 28% looking at print newspaper ads. Most real estate agents have an extensive internet strategy to promote the sale of your home. Do you?
3. Actual Results also come from the Internet
Where do buyers find the home they actually purchased?
4. FSBOing has Become More and More Difficult
The paperwork involved in selling and buying a home has increased dramatically as industry disclosures and regulations have become mandatory. This is one of the reasons that the percentage of people FSBOing has dropped from 19% to 9% over the last 20+ years.
5. You Net More Money when Using an Agent
Many homeowners believe that they will save the real estate commission by selling on their own. Realize that the main reason buyers look at FSBOs is because they also believe they can save the real commission. The seller and buyer can’t both save the same commission.
Studies have shown that the typical house sold by the homeowner sells for $184,000 while the typical house sold by an agent sells for $230,000. This doesn’t mean that an agent can get $46,000 more for your home as studies have shown that people are more likely to FSBO in markets with lower price points. However, it does show that selling on your own might not make sense.
Before you decide to take on the challenges of selling your house on your own, sit with a real estate professional in your marketplace and see what they have to offer.
Home Selling Checklist
It’s not an easy job to selling a house. It’s a process. You just don’t publish your house, meet a buyer, negotiate and sell it, but there is a checklist to sell your house. The home selling checklists include some procedures you must do in the correlation of home selling.
This is the checklist you must pay more attentions to sell your house:
- Decide whether you pay an agent to sell your house or you just do it by yourself. Pay a realty agent gives you a little effort for you to sell your house. An agent will carry out all of business in correlation of your home selling checklist. You just hire an agent and pay him. But it will spend costs of course. So, it’s up to you to pay a little effort or bigger one.
- Be a communicative and informed seller. It is correlated with your promotion strategic. You can use media to promote your home, such as newspaper, pamphlet, DVD, or websites. Don’t forget to put the reasonable and proper price for your house.
- Get your house ready to sell by doing some preparations for your house exterior, interior, and appliances.
- Decide whether you pay a professional to do pre-listing house inspection or not.
- Doing some sales of your unnecessary furniture and appliances.
- Get familiar with financing terms, such as mortgage financing (fixed, adjustable, seller financing, assumable loans), pre-qualified, pre-approved, commitment
- Get familiar with negotiation and it stuffs, such as contract, offer, deal, etc. You should learn to do some offer approaching and all correlated with a legal transaction process.
- Know about what you can improve or not in your house, what you can improve such as interior, exterior and what you can not improve such as location, style, etc.
- Decide whether you will put a home warranty to your house or not.
- Find some tips to buy a new house while you have sold your old one.
- Decide for closing and settlement to a buyer.
- Making moving plans.
The home selling checklist above shows us that there are some involvements to sell a house. You should pay attention to home selling checklist and do the steps rightly. But if you decide to pay a realty agent to organize your home selling business, just let them carry out the points above. And your involvements in home selling will be decreased.
Home Selling Advice
What do buyers need when they plan to buy a home? In fact, there are so many aspects one needs to consider. In the seller's point of view, you should follow some home selling advice. Here are some advice for your success of selling home:
First, your should be an informative seller. You could put the "Home for Sale" in your front yard. Don't forget to put your phone number on it, so a buyer can get contact you..
Second, your should put a reasonable price, valued by the physical price of your home, environment and location. The better location where your home is placed, the better price you can put. And the better physical condition of your home, better price should be granted. Don't forget that a buyer needs an achievable price. So the process of the negotiation will determine it.
Third, correlated on physical condition of your home, your home curb appeal is the most important thing. You can do some works to improve appealing of your home exterior. Just to make it beautiful, tidy, and fresh. The color of your home is necessary to be considered.
Fourth, get your buyer in the right mood by creating a cozy environment in your home. What do I mean by "cozy environment"? Very important is fresh air, clean environment, fresh odor, and the most important is a homelike sitation. Just make a buyer feel like in his own home sweet home.
Fifth, When you get down on the negotiation, your should learn how to make a great offer. The point is, you should be a great win-win negotiator. On the Internet there are many articles about how to be a great communicator and negotiator. Just follow the rules and tips.
Sixth, good presentation of your home selling can add great value to attract a buyer. Know your entire home and its contents, and present it to your buyer. Tell them how sweet your home is, how much you love it, your experience in your home, the great moments you have passed by etc. Just be a familiar and friendly seller that can give much impression to your buyer.